Sunday, March 4, 2012

"What's her name? " ............."Margarita"




































So Grace does this new thing where anyone who walks by she will say, "What's her name?" Then I will either respond,,, "I don't know... ask them!" OR "Mary". I will make up a name and then she will call them by that name. It's sooooo funny. I die laughing. In the plane she will ask that and some people tell her... some people don't hear her. She's very quiet about it. Anyway- my point is.... I wanted to get her hair done. So off we went on the beach to hunt down a braid lady. So many people try to sell you stuff- so I knew the hair braiding is what I wanted to get done. So we left John and Adeyiza in the pool and walked and walked. Finally someone approached me and I said yes- come with me. See you can invite them to your hotel (well outside around the pool) but they can't approach you if you are on the hotel grounds. Anyway she came with us and Grace looked at her and said, "What's your name?" She looked at me... and I said, "She wants to know your name? Can you tell her your name?" She said si (yes in Spanish - I don't know how to spell it.) She said, "Margarita!" And Grace kept saying over and over again... "Margarita... Margarita... braid my hair!!!" It was so cute. So she sat down and let her the WHOLE TIME. A band started playing on the beach and Grace starting moving her body. I said... " NO dancing... stay still!" Again- so funny. She loved it and kept repeating her name. We were all done and she told her thank you. I kept her braids in for a few days and then had to take them out. They were starting to look fuzzy so I knew it was time. I am so glad I did it though. I thought it looked sooo cute!! I think I am going to start practising how to braid like that. Man are they fast and good. 20 minutes was all it took. Great experience!!!




Oh and I realize my pictures are backwards. OOPS






No comments:

Post a Comment