Oh my sweet little Grace. She is something else. So all of a sudden she is really into baby dolls. She loves this one and named her Lily. Ok well I guess I named her- but she agreed to it and calls her Lily all the time. The blanket Lily is in used to be my Great Grandma Hacketts. We played with it when we were growing up. Grace loves it to!! Lily has to be covered in it at all times!!
After I picked Grace up from school I took them to the mall to play. She loves playing on the kids toys- and then riding the rides. It was pretty busy today- perhaps because it is a bit windy and cold outside. She was climbing on the floor toy when a little boy comes up and pushes her. She looks at him, gets close to his face, and says, "Don't push me!" Then she repeated it, "Don't push Grace!" It was so funny. I never get involved in conflicts unless necessary. I told her good job and I like how she used her words. I swear - what is it with "boys" pushing her, pulling her hair, and flat out in her space. Hmmmm I hope this isn't going to be problematic in the future. I am glad that she uses her words and tells them. At the last teacher conference we had, the teacher told me that she will tell kids not to push her or pull her hair and they stop. I just feel so bad for her sometimes. I know that's how kids can get- but man come on. I don't want to be that crazy parent... but I think I can be!!!! She knows not to push kids- why don't they??? Oh I get because... boys will be boys!! Well let me tell you- if and WHEN John acts that way--- he will get a taste of his own medicine so he doesn't do it again. Sorry- just had a venting moment. This is my blog - so I guess I need it sometimes to cool off. Anyway- he didn't push her again- and she kept playing until it was time to go home. Nap time was great after the day we had!!! Well for Grace anyway! John is not napping lately. BUT- he slept through the night 3 times last week and it's getting better!! Praise God for that!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment