Grace went to stay with Grammy and Papa for the first time EVER Alone!!! I knew she would have a great time, but I have to admit it was kind of weird watching her drive away. Adeyiza even told me he got a little sad. Awe... so sweet!! So.....we rented a movie, put John to bed, and had a nice quiet evening. Not that Grace is loud or anything, but you know when one kid is gone- that's half the work gone too!! It was nice but I did miss her. See I guess she's been away from me for my birth to John, and a Vegas trip- but never away from home while I'm still here. So it was just different. But good!!
Now here is the sad part- on the way home she kept saying- "Meme, papa, go to blue house!" I told her we were going home,... she would start to cry and repeat that she wanted to see Meme and Papa at the blue house. Awe.. just then I had a flash back. (I am getting teary eyed just thinking about it.) I remember always staying the night at my grandma and grandpa Hackett's house- and I would get so upset that I had to go home on Sunday. Some of my best memories were playing with grandma's fancy shoes, getting dressed up, playing with grandpa's cash registers, sneaking bread in the middle of the night, and on and on. I really could go on forever- but I won't. Anyway - my point is, is that now Grace is doing the same thing with my parents and I think it's so precious. I know she will make memories just like I did. I sure do miss some of the things in the past but I am so thankful for the memories that I know I will keep. Oh one more- I was driving home from one of my visits and grandpa Hackett looked at me while I was crying and asked me what was wrong? I told him I didn't feel good- and he said oh ok. Then two seconds later he said you can always come over to stay with us. I stopped crying and knew he was right. I remember that like it was yesterday- I don't even know why. I remember the car, the weather, EVERYTHING! OK that's all about going down memory lane. My point of the story was suppose to be that Grace did great and I know she will be asking to "Go to the blue House!" many more times.



No comments:
Post a Comment