Grace had her first play date today!!! Adeyiza met a guy at work with a wife and child!! So we met up with them today and two little ones played. She is 16 months old and walking! Grace tried to get out of my hands to walk,,,, SORRY,,, not yet!!! (Looking at this picture makes me realize that I better start keeping her shoes on!! I always take them off in her stroller!) Anyway,,, the sad thing is that they are moving next month. We basically met so that she could give me some helpful hints while we are here in Boston. She took me to a mall where they have a store for mammas! You can buy things, take classes, or just go to let your child play. So we will have to make sure we get out and meet some kiddos! She is also going to send me links to play groups and things she got involved in too. Her husband ( the one Adeyiza met) did a year fellowship in Plastics too, so he is done, got a job, and now they are off!!! But,, I am glad we met and talked about what I could do. That was nice of her.
I got a lot finished today. For some reason I had some extra Monday energy. I arranged the living room, unpacked almost all the extra boxes, and sorted through a LOT of things that my parents will take back in August or October! (If they are still coming:) ) Not too much,, just enough to fill my car that's being stored at their house. OH before I forget, people keep asking me about our car situation and all that. So,,,, we left both cars in MI with my parents. We do not have a car here. Adeyiza walks to and from work everyday. Sometimes he takes the bus, but most of the time he walks. ( I am sure that will change come winter!) Grace and I walk to where ever we need to go. The good thing is that EVERYTHING is in walking distance, or at least almost. Supermarkets, clothing stores, hair places, Starbucks, restaurants, ice cream places, T-mobile, Bed Bath and Beyond, Best Buy, and lots more,,,, are right by us or connected to us, so we have it made. Sometimes Grace and I go to Starbucks and get a vanilla bean drink (made with soy - it's good,, try it,, she loves it!). We sit outside and people watch. She looks at the people as they walk by. Sometimes she gets excited ,, but then they pay her no attention (not on purpose) and walk on by. Now,,, some people will stop and say something or talk to her. Again,, she loves it! I figure this way she thinks we have lots of friends and human interaction. I know,,, pretty funny. I just can't believe how fast these days do go by and I really haven't even started many groups or anything. I thought it would go by slow,,, but I guess keeping up with her and making sure she is busy is the reason for how fast the days fly by!!! Anyway,,, She is sleeping now. Adeyiza should be home soon. Oh and his hours are not bad. He is usually home for dinner,,, and yes,,, I wait for him. I used to have to eat at 5 or 6! But now,,,, I don't even worry about it. I figure it's worth the wait to have a nice meal with him!! So,,, I guess I better start the oven!!



That first picture cracks me up! So Cute!
ReplyDelete