Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Yippy!! Book Day!



 




A while back my mom told me about Dolly Parton's Imagination Library. It's great! You sign up and they send you a free book each month for each kid in the house under the age of 4. (Oops I think - I forgot the age limit.) But anyway- the books are so nice and they love getting them in the mail. Well Grace does..... John doesn't have a clue. Actually in this picture Grace has John's book and John has Grace's book. Ha ha!! Whatever- as long as they  are reading it doesn't matter!
I love the book Grace has called  " Little Loon and Papa" . I've read it now 100 times! I do love "Corduroy" too. It's an oldie but goodie!

They are doing great. John is eating better everyday! His favs right now are: string cheese, yogurt, crackers, peas/carrot (soup), still spaghetti, noodles, plantain, rice..... ok just about anything. He at least tries most things - oh his favorite fruit... PEACHES!! Loves them! I love that he's eating and actually enjoys it. Makes life easier all around!
We went to a big park this afternoon after nap. It's  about 7 miles away but super nice! It's huge and Grace loves it. John is starting to have more fun at parks now too. It's nice to be able to let him walk around. Grace loves to swing on the big girl swings all by herself. On her tummy of course. Tomorrow I think we will try a NEW park about 30 minutes away. It all depends on John boy. He didn't take an afternoon nap today - so I had to go to a close park so that he wouldn't fall asleep in the car. That would not be good!! Then he would be up late. NOT happening!! I managed to keep him up the whole 10 minutes. After we get home from a hot afternoon at a park- the 3 of us sit outside and have a Popsicle. John eats it soooo funny! He is a slurper. I have to tape it one of these days. OK ... time for bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment