Friday, December 4, 2009

Tribute to Myra


Many of you ask me about going back to work and who is going to watch Grace. This is where Myra comes in. See about 4 years ago, I had the privilege in having her daughter in my 2nd grade class. Wonderful child I have to add! Myra was a great parent who would come volunteer in my class. (TREMENDOUS HELP!) Then the following year, I had her son. We hit it off from the start. He always reminded me of my nephew Mason, so we had that special bond. I adore the two of them. Both kids were so much fun! As the years past, I grew close to their family. She joked around one day telling me that if I ever have kids, she would watch them. I was laughing at first thinking I wouldn't have kids while we are in Texas. But then a year passed, and we decided to try for a baby. I found out that I was PG and we were so thrilled. But then it dawned on me that I had to finish the school year. I saw Myra in the hallway at school. I asked her if she was serious about the offer and she said yes. At that point I was filled with relief and I was so happy. Of course I still had to talk to Adeyiza about it, but I knew he would be happy as well.
Now, the time is coming. Of course I would rather stay home. I cry just thinking about it. BUT then I snap out of it and tell myself that I have this amazing person who is giving up her job to watch my child. How can I ever tell her how much this means to me? (Words can't even describe it. ) How can I ever pay her back for what she is going to do? (No amount of money will ever be enough.) I am truly thankful and know that God put her in my life for a reason. I know that we will always be connected and we will always keep in contact no matter where we live. They do like to travel,,,, so I know we will always remain close!
THANK YOU Myra from the bottom of my heart for taking care of my precious baby girl. You will never know how much this means to us!

1 comment:

  1. You are soo welcome. It will be my great pleasure to watch her and I can't wait. You were so great to my kids and now I can return the favor. Just so grandparents and aunts and other family members know...that lil Grace will be loved every minute she is here. I hate they are going to move, but I know life happens. I know they want to be closer to family and can't blame them for that. Yes we love to travel and this will just give us more places to travel. So thank you both for trusting me with your precious daughter.

    ReplyDelete