Grace had her first day of Montessori School today. I woke up extra early (ok- I was up anyway dealing with John- but that's a whole different story !) to make her a special breakfast. She loves when I bake something yummy- so I baked her a coffee cake. She ate a good breakfast- then off to school. Yesterday I kept crying wondering if I'm doing the right thing, but after I talked to a few people- I was certain that it's probably the best thing for her right now. I was going back and forth b/c it's a big deal. Part of me wanted to keep her home, but part of me knew she needed some friends to play with and things to do. (John is taking most of my time these days.) So - Adeyiza and I drove over to school- and dropped her off. She cried at first- but then I heard her settle down. The best way to go is a kiss and to say bye- bye. Of course I was a mess- but I soon got over that. I called around 10 to check on her and her teacher said she only cried for a couple minutes then was fine. So I think she will be ok. Also- Adeyiza's mom is here with us for the month- so it will be great to have help. When we were in Boston Grace loved being around kids. As of now- it's just hard to get out with him. But I will take advantage of the extra help and start doing more things. I also wanted to start this month b/c I can take her alone without bringing John. That way she doesn't get jealous and sad. That's just hard for me too. So- I will keep you all posted on how things went. I get her in less than an hour. OH YES- the time goes fast. I am just glad she is playing and socializing and all that fun stuff. Other than that she is doing well. She still loves to say her numbers, alphabet, shapes, colors, and now she can even count to 10 in Spanish. She surprises me every day. I put numbers and letters in random order- and flash them to her. She knows all of her numbers and almost all of her letters now. BUT- the funny thing is that she wants to "play" numbers/ letters. She thinks it's a game. I love it!!! i also bought her a little art area. We color, paint, and trace letters/numbers. I know sounds so "teacherish" but it keeps her busy and she loves it!!!
California
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment