Wednesday, August 24, 2011

John's 2 Month Check Up!









Doesn't he look just so happy, sweet, and problem free? Ha Ha Ha!! NOT!!!! OK although it could ALWAYS be worse...........John sure is giving us trouble. Poor baby though- they don't know what's going on either I guess. 2 weeks ago it was reflux...well that's gone. Then it switched to having problems passing stool (I guess that's how I say it properly). We would have to help him each time. Then he stopped eating. I mean just refused a bottle and nursing all together. It was going on 26 hours- with nothing but s few sips b/c I shoved some down his throat. I called the doctor the day of his 2 month check up to see if I had to take him to the ER- but he said just wait 2 hours and bring him to his check up. OK...I thought. Oh and did I mention that every night he is very colic. Just cries and cries and cries. So at this point- I am just a bit frustrated- sad- overwhelmed- confused- and you know all the above!! Now - he does has moments when he is super good and just seems as happy as can be, but shortly after "something" will come up. It's weird b/c when we have people over or sometimes travel- he is good. Everyone is like what are you talking about???? But seriously, he is a hard baby. OK anyway-- so I took him to his appointment and of course he is happy- cooing- smiling- kicking- all the things that doctors check to see if they can do- he is doing. So while I'm explaining what's going on- he's probably thinking this lady is nuts. This baby is fine!! HA HA! So he checked him out- talked to me about a few things to try- and then I was pretty much told that I may just have a fussy baby. Great... I thought!! I'd rather it be a fussy baby than something wrong. So I took him home.... and guess what??? He ate, pooped, and cooed all night. I thought to myself Am I Going Nuts? But for real- he NOW is getting a little better. He ate ok today and last night- so I am so thankful for this sudden change. I hope it lasts b/c with Grace still wanting her mama ALL THE TIME .... it's gets kind of stressful. Oh and his weight is 12.6. So he is a healthy boy !! Oh and the blanket behind him was made by my grandma.




No comments:

Post a Comment