About a week ago we got our first snow. However.... it was for 20 minutes and very disappointing to Grace and John. It was so funny..... it was a Saturday and Grace had just woken up from her nap. Side note- (they are both very grumpy for a good 30 minutes after waking up). So... Grace was cuddling with me on the couch and I said, "Wow it's snowing!" She jumps up.. looks out the window (pic 1) and then starts running around the house saying, "It's snowing.. snowing I want to make a snowman!" It was a "had to be here" type of funny- but Adeyiza and I were laughing so hard b/c it's like this other little girl came out of no where- it was that funny. She went from this huge grump= to the happiest kid alive in seconds. Anyway- so I took them outside to enjoy the first snow.... but it only lasted a few minutes and then it was over. NOTHING even on the ground. We haven't had snow since. I do like the snow (as long as I can still drive) so I wish we could get some soon. I want to take them out to play in it.
WE didn't do much this weekend. Actually nothing at all. Well I can't say nothing- we took the kids to IHOP for breakfast on Saturday. I love taking them out to eat. They are usually pretty good. John ate so well. He had pancakes and oatmeal. Grace still loves her pancakes. She usually has them every morning. John usually has oatmeal every morning- so I ordered what I knew they would eat!! ha ha Don't want to do anything that might cause a scene I guess. After that we drove past our new house- and then went home. It was a rainy day- so that was about it. Our house is coming along. The basement is finished and all the wood is around the house- probably on its way up.
Next weekend my parents will be coming down to see us. Why???? well you know... I'm another year older. And yes.... Grace reminds me of it everyday. She will say I'm 3 and you will be 33!!! Gee thanks for reminding me how old I'm getting. Ha oh well- it's all good. We will have cake here and then leave for a bit. Gotta love date night- and of course gotta love when Meme and Papa come down.
That's all. I still have lots of new pics to post. Coming soon.......



No comments:
Post a Comment