Sunday, August 19, 2012

Race Day






Well here we are!! Yes- we did it!! Sally came over to our house bright and early. We loaded up the kids and Adeyiza drove us all down to the park. He dropped Sally and I off at the starting line where we checked in. NO turning back now!! We had to go to the bathroom- so we jogged down and back. (our warm up run) Then we started stretching and such. I just copied whatever Sally did since she was the pro!!! She's such an awesome runner!!! But- I'm in training .... so you never know. Anyway- Sally kept telling me how much time we had left- and when it was down to the last 7 minutes I got really nervous again. We were all told to line up at the starting line- so we did. Then... the horn blew! We were off. This was my favorite part- Sally said just weave in and out of the crowd! I was like ok... so we both just went around people until I got to my pace. Again- I'm not a fast runner so I know I slowed Sally down a bit- but she was there to tell me how far we are and how far we have to go. It was great!!! She was so encouraging to me!!! So we were running and when we were at the half way point I thought- this isn't so bad. Hmmmm nope!!! I got a little past the half way point and thought I was going to have to stop. Meanwhile- a little 7 year old runs past me saying good job!! ha ha. I thought oh no way- get going!! So I started trucking and made it to the end. I actually had a great time for myself. 26:32. Probably one of my best times. I know... I am slow- but it's about finishing and the experience. I came down the finish line and saw Grace, John, and Adeyiza. I am glad they were able to watch us!!! I am even thinking 10K soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment