Monday, August 13, 2012

Asparagus and Oranges





John loves eating asparagus and Grace loves to eat oranges. I guess they have cycles of favorite foods- this happens to be the week of asparagus and oranges.

We had a great weekend. We went to Grace's friend Luke for brunch. They haven't seen each other in a while- so they were VERY excited. We stayed for a bit then headed home. Not too much after that I guess. Just playing outside enjoying some cool sunny weather.

So.... I received Grace's orientation invite today. Wow- can't believe it's almost time to start her back up to school. I know she will be excited once the first couple days pass- but I have to say it's been fun this whole summer having her here full time. However this school she is only going 3 days a week for a couple hours. She won't even eat lunch there. (Which I like her to eat with other kids - but they don't offer it.) So we will enjoy every last day here until she starts. Her orientation / meet the teachers night is in 2 weeks- but her first day wont be until October 1st. This is a 3-5 year old preschool but since she will be turning 3 soon- they said she could join. So I am excited to see what the year brings. Plus- I think she misses school sometimes. I try to keep her busy when John naps- but sometimes mama gets tired too. Ha ha.

Oh and about the naps. So- it's working well to skip the nap if we've had a chill out day around the house. But- if we've been really busy or had swimming class- then I let her take a 30-45 minute nap. It's much better and she's actually going to bed easier with no struggle.

This week is her first week to have swim class alone. She graduated from the mini 3 class now she will swim with just the teacher. This will be interesting. I get to watch in the window- so I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment