Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday John!







I know it's been a while. I feel like I have so much to catch you all up on .... so I'll start with John's Birthday and then go back a bit.

We had a great celebration at my parent's house. The kids played and played - they had so much fun. John was a good boy and enjoyed ALL the attention. I have LOTS of birthday pics to post but I can't do it all tonight- so I will have to do some tomorrow too. And maybe the next day depending on how tired I am.

I am so thankful we were able to celebrate John's birthday with our family.   I thank my parents for having it at their home- and also I thank my sisters for helping me too. Oh and I can't forget to thank everyone who sent a gift for John. I truly appreciate it.. and so does he.

John had his 1 year check up today. I am thankful that he is a healthy- happy boy. Almost every issue I've had with him is gone. He is one tall boy!! He is 92% for his height. Still low on the charts for weight  - but his height makes up for it. He is overall doing great- so thank God for that!!


Last week seemed to be busy. I tried to blog at night on several occasions- but I was just so tired at night I couldn't. I think trying to keep these two busy all morning and afternoon gets to me sometimes. I love it... but they are busy bees!!! 

Grace had her first swim lesson- she did great and loved it. Tomorrow we start gymnastics. So now every Tues. and Wed. we will be doing something  in the morning while John stays home with our sitter. It's nice b/c Grace and I can have some alone time. Then I will occasionally switch and do something with John. However- he likes to be with Grace so it's not a big deal. Grace LOVES to do things with mommy!! Plus- I do too. She'd at such a fun age. Well they both are I guess- but you know what I mean.

We also had our first cousin sleep over on Thursday night. Kaitlyn came to stay with us. They had a BLAST!! It was so much fun. I have cute pics of that too- I will post those later as well. They loved playing dress up with my shoes- they got along so well. Kaitlyn was a great helper and it was actually easier to have her here. I plan on rotating them more often. I always wanted to do that. I am glad Erin eventually let go of the chain. Ha ha. 

Father's Day was nice too. We were still up at the Lake so we went to church with mom and dad. We came home and we had a huge breakfast. We left around 1 to come home. We then celebrated Father's Day here too. The kids got daddy a few things!!!

Adeyiza's Birthday is Thursday- so the kids and I are going to go get balloons, cake, and decorations for him to come home to. He doesn't know this but I have that night planned out too. I have a surprise babysitter coming over so we can go out to eat. We won't be too late b/c I know Grace will want some birthday cake. Just a couple hours away to eat is all. I know he will like that. He doesn't read this blog so he won't know.

OK that's enough for tonight. I'll try to keep up. I know the feeling to check a blog and they don't update it!!  Ha ha .. I have like 5 blogs I check daily and when they don't update I'm bummed!!! Good night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment