The day of Adeyiza's birthday the kids I and were busy. We went out and found a cute little cake, bought some decorations, and decorated the kitchen for him. The funny thing was that I got home and what did I forget???? CANDLES!!! Yes- the best part and I forgot them. So after nap we took another trip to the store. I'm not going to pretend I don't do this often. What I've realized is that I go to the store multiple times a week b/c I run out of something- or I totally forget to get something that I needed. Anyway- it got worse when I had kids b/c we ALWAYS need something. BUT- I try to make a list and check it twice before I leave. That usually helps- but not always. OK back on subject. So I worked really hard to have the kids fed, bathed, and in good moods upon Adeyiza's arrival. So far so good!!! He came home around 6:15 and we were all waiting for him on the couch!! The kids were so excited and happy to see him. We all shouted, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!!!" Of course he was happy!! So he changed into his "pj's" and we sang to him, opened presents, and just had a nice little celebration. I told him we had to do cake before John went to sleep ... so it was perfect for my next surprise!! So....... around 7:00 Adeyiza says , " Someone is knocking at the door!" I said, "Yup - we are going out for dinner!" He was so surprised. I FINALLY surprised him with a date night. I've tried sooo many times but for some reason I always ended up telling him. So we both changed and left for dinner. If you have kids.... you understand now that date nights are GOLD!!! I know he appreciated it... and honestly so did I!!! I love to enjoy my meals once in a while!! ha ha. We had a great dinner and then came home. We even saw a beautiful rainbow on our way home. It was so close to our house I tried showing Grace - but too late. It was gone!! I mean- we didn't get home late- it's just the rainbow went away before I could show her. Anyway- that's all!! Oh and that little cake was SUPER yummy!! We had ours when we came home. Adeyiza is not a sweet person- and for sure not a cake person- but he had 2 pieces b/c it was so good!!
California
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment